Go To Search
GovernmentDepartmentsResidentsDoing BusinessServicesHow Do I?
Click to Home
How do I dispute an ordinance/parking citation?
If you believe that an ordinance/parking citation was issued in error, you may complete an Ordinance Citation Review Form and return it to the Elburn Police Department either by mail, fax or in person.

If the citation was improperly issued or issued in error, the ticket will be voided. If the facts presented causes the ticket to remain in effect, the second step to dispute the ticket is to request a court date to have a hearing in front of a judge at the Kane Branch Court. Additional fines may be assessed if found guilty in court. Ordinance/Parking Citation Review Form

Police Department

Show All Answers

1. How do I contact police for non-emergencies?
2. What are the watering restrictions in Elburn?
3. Where/how do I pay a ordinance/parking citation?
4. How do I dispute an ordinance/parking citation?
5. Can I pay my parking tickets with a credit card?
6. What are the Village's restrictions on winter parking when it snows?
7. Where and how do I pay a traffic (state) ticket?
8. I have an Elburn address, why cant the Elburn officer help me out?
9. Where is the Elburn Police Department located?
10. What are the Elburn Police Department's hours of operation?
11. Do I need to register my bicycle or obtain a permit for it?
12. Can I put fliers on mailboxes?
13. Where can I find information on the proper installation of my child restraint seat?
14. Where can I find Village of Elburn laws and codes?
15. Does Elburn have a curfew?
16. What do I do when I see a Dead bird in my yard or neighborhood?
17. Where can I get a Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card?
18. What should I do if I become the victim of identity/credit card theft?
19. Does Elburn have a leash law?
20. How old do my children have to be to ride in the front seat? Be out of a car seat/booster seat?
21. What are the laws regarding scooters and ATV's?
22. Where can I get assistance with restitution for bad checks?
23. What do I do when I see a stray dog or injured wild animal in my yard or neighborhood?
24. What should I do if I am in a vehicle accident?
25. What should I do if I become the victim of domestic violence/abuse?
26. How do I request a copy of a Police Report (other than a vehicle accident)?
27. How do I request a copy of a vehicle accident report?
28. When do I need a Solicitor's Permit?
29. When do I need an Itinerant Merchant (Peddler) Permit
30. What are the Village's laws on soliciting?