Go To Search
GovernmentDepartmentsResidentsDoing BusinessServicesHow Do I?
Click to Home
Household Hazardous Waste
Recycling Household Hazardous Waste
Household hazardous waste cannot be picked up by Waste Management. Currently there are recycling programs offered for the disposal of the hazardous waste from Kane County. Kane County will recycle residential household hazardous waste items for residents in the Elburn Area at no charge on a specific drop-off day at the Kane County Fairgrounds. There are multiple items that they accept such as batteries, oil, anti-freeze, cleaning products, lawn, and pool chemicals. View the County's website regarding household hazardous waste recycling.

Additional Information
The Kaneland Middle School Office, located at 1N137 Meredith Road, Maple Park, IL, accepts household batteries and ink cartridges, and they can be dropped off during school hours throughout the year.